3/04/2012

Reversible Brook-Lynn outfits -

Update:  made it through and need your votes: Project Run and Play
 So where should I start? By telling you about the clothes I made or about the lousy weather that totally destroyed my photo shoot? Let me complain about the weather first... we've had sunshine all week, nice warm weather and spring, and then today... this! Way too cold for the girls to be outside in tank tops. And being cold and generally miserable - they look a bit grumpy. I will try and get new pictures Thursday, and include those - smilier pictures, I hope... (I'm away for studies).
Update: I took new pictures today - still cold, but the weather is a lot better.
wearing mommy's shoes

Where's the ferry to New York?

What to do now?
 Now the clothes. My girls are twins, their father is from Brooklyn so we named the girls Brook and Lynn (Lyn means lightening in Norwegian, hence the double L) for their middle names. I took a picture of the Brooklyn bridge, cut it in half, wrote Brook on one side and Lynn on the other. This was my starting point for the outfits.
skirt one way


My, oh my?

  Brook wanted a tank top and skirt instead of a dress. Both the dress and the top and skirts are reversible - reversible is my favorite thing.

 I made them headbands and jackets. The black jacket is a peasant pattern, cut open in the front and held together with a ribbon.
 
 The reversed sides of the outfits - and the lopsided heart, intentionally - seriously!
 The purple jacket - the below picture was my inspiration, but then I discovered that Schwin and Schwin had almost the exact pattern, so I had to change it up a little - the girls really love ruffles so I added a ruffle at the bottom. Brook will get one in the same green color, it's cut and everything, just not sewn together - I broke three needles sewing the purple one...

 Loving the headbands...
 Brook tank
 Lynn dress, can you see the bridge?

 Reversed

 I just love the hems of this side of the skirt and dress - they look so cute on the girls.

This will be my audition outfits for Project Run and Play - now all I can do is cross my fingers I will make it to one of the two open slots.

7 kommentarer:

Shannon sa...

Visiting from Project R&P. Wonderful Job on your dresses (I have twin girls, too!)

Janelle sa...

These are quite stunning! Very cute take on the bridges & I am loving the headbands and coats. What a great job

Unknown sa...

Beautiful job, I love the skirt and hemlines on both especially. Came over from PRP, I entered myself. Best of luck!

jess @
tupelocreative.blogspot.com

Rock Paper Stitch sa...

Love these! So far my favorite outfits of the Project R&P entries.

Britt sa...

I love this...and the girls are gorgeous!

nest full of eggs sa...

congrats on making the top 6 !

Simple Simon and Company sa...

Tone,

Thanks for entering these outfits....I think they are my favorite that you have ever sewn! They seriously show your girls' personalities...in their clothing. Darling!