6/11/2011

My Garden House Bench

 My final project in this wonderful competition - I've had so much fun. I have made a Garden House bench that transforms through the seasons. During winter it is a shelf for all my pots and garden tools. During spring it is a plant table. And finally during the summer season, no matter how short - it is a bench. All this due to removable shelves.
 For my garden house bench, I recycled old materials that were laying around my property- hence the shabby look.
 I made four pillows, a mattress, a sewed basket and a banner for the bench. Since it is an out door piece of furniture, I went with nature theme on the pillows.
 I amso happy with how everything looks - the pillows make me happy with all the bright colors.
And then the garden house bench is so useful with all the different uses it has. I can't wait to start the planting season now, next year - but first it will be used a lot this summer, just chilling on the bench with a good book.

7 kommentarer:

Inger-Lise sa...

I love it, no wonder you won! :)

the old white house sa...

That is genius and the bird pillows are adorable! xoxo

Boden sa...

This is just so pretty. I would love one in my garden, or in my bedroom, or in my sitting room, or in my entrace...

Sachiko sa...

How unique and adorable is that! I love it!

Seven Sisters sa...

AMAZING!! <3 it! ~*S*~

Amy sa...

This is adorable. I love everything about it.the pillows the basket the bunting... Evrything shabby and wonderful. I am following you now. Can't wait to see what you do next. Come follow my blog if you get a chance. Thelittlebeansprout.blogspot.com

Unknown sa...

Happy to be here.

fuging