11/13/2011

Tutorial 13 - painted pillow

I promised you a sewing project today, and so it will be. But first I can't believe I'm almost half way through my month!!! I'm having so much fun. Today I'll have to finish a few tutorials, I'm going away for school tomorrow morning - (and, no, my house won't be empty - there are still people living in it) and today is father's day in Norway, so after church we're going to see my father.

Today I want to show you how to make a Christmas pillow, but it is so easy to to this as an every day of the year pillow - and you can even use this technique for anything else as well.

 You need:
fabric enough for your pillow
a pillow
cookie cutters of your choice
fabric markers
 place the pillow on the fabric, cut the fabric around the pillow, making it overlap a little in the back - 2-3 inches overlap.
 Place the cookie cutters where you want them, use your fabric marker to draw the edges inside them. fill in with the markers.
 I just wrote Noel by hand.
Sew the side seams of the pillowcase - making sure the overlap is the same as when you cut the fabric. Turn around and place the pillow inside. I used the edges of the fabric as my overlap edge - if you don't, you'll have to make a little hem ate the edges here.
 And since my au pair had put a pillow case for the bedroom on a pillow in the living-room- the Christmas pillow is already in it's place.
Happy Sunday - tomorrow there will be something for your hallway.

1 kommentar:

Maggie Lamarre sa...

oooh this is fabulous using the cookie cutter.
Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-showcase-tutorial-with.html
have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com