11/27/2011

Tutorial 27 - angel wings from paper

I really didn't feel like sewing today, besides, it's Sunday and I should be able to do what I want, so there. It's extremely windy here today, and my car broke down yesterday. On top of that I had to be at church - no car... we had to walk. It's not very far, but with all the wind, it's very tiring. It' so windy I didn't dare to get the girls to ride their bikes. I was afraid they would get blown over. On top of all of this (not complaining - we've had a beautiful 1st Sunday of advent) the power went - due to the wind, which meant no sewing machine. 

Because of ALL of this you're getting a paper craft today. The girls were in the bath when I finished it and hung it, when they came into the living room - they both exclaimed: "OH MOMMY!" - I guess they like it!
 It's a very quick project.
 You'll need: cardboard, news paper/old books/music notes, glue/mod podge and rope
 trace your wing on a pattern sheet - or a piece of paper, cut it out
 trace it on some cardboard - both wings
 get the news paper or old books, start to glue pieces in a criss cross pattern. I decided to use the colored side of the card board, an old ice cream box - the if someone looks at the back, it's just brown - or you can glue both sides.
 put glue on top of everything as well - let it dry
 tie the rope around the middle a few times, then put some rope around the rope in the wings and hang up.
We decided smaller versions of these would make perfect gift tags!
And tomorrow you'll get a.... I don't know yet - a good thing I only have three more to go - and don't get me wrong, I LOOOOVE this month of tutorials

1 kommentar:

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home sa...

These are beautiful. I think I will try some with some music not paper! I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. (actually I thought I was already following you but I couldn't find you in my blog list. But now I am definitely following you)
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.